Geotechnical and Environmental Drilling Services
Universal is experienced in providing geotechnical and environmental drilling services with cost-effective solutions. Utilizing our experienced staff engineers and our own drilling and sampling department, our firm is committed to quality service and rapid response. Our field equipment is assigned permanently throughout our office network to ensure timely response, regardless of project location. Because each geotechnical or environmental engineering study is unique, our engineers structure their services to meet the specific needs of each client.
Universal is the largest engineering consulting firm of its kind in the state of Florida, and is proud to own one of the largest fleet of drilling rigs and equipment in the southeastern United States.
Universal’s drilling department currently owns and operates roughly 40 drill rigs including, a variety of rig types, allowing us total control of our drilling schedule, and the ability to expedite your drilling projects. Our rigs include a variety of buggy rigs, truck rigs, tripod rigs, narrow, difficult access drill rigs, and a Geoprobe rig available for special groundwater sampling and sample acquisition assignments.
One of our special rigs is a CME-85 mounted on an all-wheel drive truck. The CME-85 drill rig is one of the largest hollow-stem auger rigs operating in the southeastern United States. It is capable of installing recovery wells up to ten inches in diameter for site remediation. Our narrow difficult access rigs are capable of accessing the most difficult sites and can fit through a four foot wide gate. Universal’s drilling department is registered in all of the Florida Water Management Districts, and many of our drillers are licensed water well drillers/contractors.
- One of the largest fleet of drill rigs in the Southeast (40+)
- Wider coverage area of drill rig mobilization capability than any other geotechnical firm (18 locations).
- Large variety of rig types in our fleet. We have the right rig for your site!
- Technical staff with an average of 15+ years experience.
- Over 20,000 geotechnical explorations completed in Florida and Georgia.
- Twice as many certified testing laboratories as our competitors ensuring faster and more accurate reports.
- Licensed well drillers and fully-trained drilling assistants on staff
- OSHA compliant for hazardous waste sites.
- Annual medically qualified staff.
- Respirator compatibility certified.
- Drug-free work environment.
- Continuously improved/updated equipment.